Monday 10 August 2020

Empires at War

 I bought this Spanish/Italian Villa from Empires at War at a very reasonable price.

Spanish/Italian Villa

Here I have only glued it together with no additions. There is plenty of scope for detailing if required. This will form part of my pirate port for the (hopefully) upcoming DevLAM '20 game. It has now been agreed that we will be playing this on a table approximately 16' long and varying in width from 4' to 5'. So, more buildings needed! I like the way these buildings go together, the price is good and I think the finished result looks really good. So, more of my money going to Empires at War shortly!




10 comments:

Dave Stone said...

The building looks great as is Martin, but as you say plenty of scope for detailing

A J said...

Rather nice, that. Looks like it could be used anywhere from Italy to Spanish California.

Vagabond said...

As a straight build from the packet it looks good and saves loads of time scratch building and painting.

Frank O Donnell said...

Very nice looking building Martin, as for the size of the table you guys are going to be playing on, well all I can say is the simmer- frames better be well oiled up beforehand :)

Vagabond said...

You can sod off, there's only Doug needs a zimmerframe, Martin and I rely on Mistress Spanckhurst to move us around, she uses a sinnerframe.

Martin Thornton said...

I like the sound of this sinner frame!

Martin Thornton said...

...and oiled up is a very good choice of words too, Frank! The lubrication will of course, be of the alcoholic variety.

Martin Thornton said...

Thanks, Dave.

Martin Thornton said...

Yes, it's for Pirates initially and then perhaps the Peninsular.

Martin Thornton said...

Yes, it does mean I can build up a bit of a town quickly.