Tuesday 19 May 2020

Congola - An Occasional Project

As the title says, this is a bit of an on/off project. I paint a few figures and then put it away until I feel like getting into Africa again. I would like to build an airfield for this game but other things are demanding my time and money at the moment. I have two Tabula Rasa buildings from Knights of Dice which I want to make into the Congolan Police HQ and Interrogation Centre.

So, without further ado, I present to you from right to left; General Muangamizi Ndofa, President for Life of the People’s Republic of Congola, Colonel Koko ‘Simba’ Ndofa (so young to be a Colonel but his Dad insisted), son of the General and Mma Precious Ndofa née Ramotswe (originally from Botswana). Seen here outside Katanga House, the Presidential Palace.


A special day for the General as a BBC film crew have flown out to Congola to interview him. On the left is Austin Powers who works at the British Consulate in Congola, Moira Stuart next to Precious and on the right, General Ndofa’s Close Protection Squad. The General insists on female-only bodyguards and no-one disagrees with the General!


I am planning three main factions plus some civilians and war reporters.

Ndofa’s eldest son by his first wife, Kubwa Mvulana Ndofa ('Big Boy') who wants to be President. He is supported by the British who want the rights to Congolan copper mining which Kubwa has promised them. In the game, Kubwa is supported by a deniable SAS force.
Ndofa and his forces, mainly female soldiers and three bodyguards. Couple of mercenaries perhaps, ex-Spetsnaz and Black Wasps.
Communist guerrillas led by a rival Congolan tribe Mangbetu-Azonde, maybe supported by the Russians and Cubans. Their leader will be Mkate wa Kubanika.

This is Kubwa Mvulana Ndofa.


General Ndofa's elite regiment.


WIP on the police station. Two police guards and in the centre the expert Police Interrogator.


6 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Completely hooked already.

Frank O Donnell said...

All of this while also playing games over the internet, I don't know how you do it :)

Graff said...

Instantly reminded me of my ol' Idi Amin record. He be tha most amazin mun that eva bin. My favourite line..."Wot if me an dee world say no?"
Set em up and roll the dice. Scene 1,..aaaand ACTION.

Martin Thornton said...

Thanks Michael. Another mad idea!

Martin Thornton said...

Painting whilst playing, Frank!

Martin Thornton said...

Cheers, sir! As Idi said to the Queen after dinner at Buckingham Palace, “Mr. Queen, Sir, Horrible Ministers, Invented guests, ladies under gentlemen. I thank the Queen very plenty for what he has done to me. I tell you, I have eaten so much that I am now fed up with malicious meal."