Wednesday 3 June 2020

More VC

Three more VC finished this morning. For the first time ever, I am trying to paint all the Vietnam figures I have before buying any new ones. Crazy, huh? This is helped slightly by the fact that Northstar are not expecting to stock the new Black Sun packs (which I desperately want) until the lock-down is over.


These are the next three packs of Black Sun that I wish to get my grubby mitts on! I need Bill Kilgore with his surfboard.




I am also thinking about getting this pack. But I would paint them in green fatigues and use the three with hats on as US special forces, gone a bit 'rogue'! I think the female with the rifle could double-up as a VC fighter and the guy top-left looks like CIA to me.

7 comments:

Dave Stone said...

More great work Martin, and there is some very characterful sculpts in the models you would like !

Michael Awdry said...

Excellent job and who doesn't want a Kilgore, in fact I got mine from the Giants in Miniature range, not that he is painted yet!
https://www.wargamesillustrated.net/shop/lt-col-will-kilmore/
and then, of course, there are these two
https://www.wargamesillustrated.net/shop/sgt-burns-and-pfc-noble/

Martin Thornton said...

Yes, I'm rather keen on these. I love that bald guy chewing a cigar!

Martin Thornton said...

Ah yes, I have those. Painted two of them (post 21st May). Thanks, Michael.

Michael Awdry said...

I knew I had seen them before, must have been here. Clearly loosing my mind!

Frank O Donnell said...

Nice work Martin.

Martin Thornton said...

Thanks, Frank.