Friday 11 October 2019

AshLAM '19


It is nearly time for myself, Porthos Snapcase to travel north for the annual meeting of the three musketeers. A meeting with Athos and Aramis and three full days of gaming. There will be copious amounts of sinew-stiffening liquor and no doubt a few pies! For the past two years the event has been held at Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Deepest Devon (see DevLAM ’17 and DevLAM ’18). However, this year we are meeting in the lovely Derbyshire Dales for AshLAM ’19. This will take place at Vagabond Towers, the home of Aramis.



The Three Musketeers

My fellow musketeers have stolen a march on me by already blogging their preparations, as we put on one game each over the three days. Aramis Vagabond has posted an entire prequel game which sets the scene for the game we will be playing. Have a look here at The Little Whiskey Bath House and Brothel War of 1875 – Prequel.


My other fellow musketeer, Athos, Comte d’Emforé has completed a trial game of Kill Zone in preparation for a bigger game at AshLAM ’19. Check it out here:



I will be presenting a game called ‘Gentlemen, We Will Stand and Fight’ set in August 1914 at Le Cateau.


My next action needs to be a trial run-through of my game now I’m lagging behind. My next post should contain the introduction that sets the scene for my game.

4 comments:

Vagabond said...

Le Cateau looks great but I do like Dougs Cork tenements they are very impressive.
I'm not sure if you should try and scare anyone reading this post by putting up that 1st photo. Anyone with a dodgy ticker might be badly affected.

Frank O Donnell said...

Don't worry John that photo does the world of good for anyone seen it as it will bring a smile to their face :)

I envy you guys getting together for 3 days of fun & look forward to reading all a blur it, but please try to go easy on the booze until after the movies are in the can :)

Martin Thornton said...

Yes, maybe I should have put up a warning for those of a nervous disposition!

Martin Thornton said...

Very difficult to go easy on the booze, Frank when the Comte d’Emforé is present!